The Epiphanic Approach to Life

This week was a thick week of introspection and soul-searching; late at night, I scour through the files of memories hidden in the back of my brain to find that one moment of epiphany. Now that it's ingrained in me, however, I seem to search for epiphanies in my daily life—or at least, some new understanding of life in each and every day. I don't look much to the positives each day, as the hours seem to bucket as one, with no more sense as to what day of the week today is and much less what date it is (for me, the days are essentially A, B, and weekend). Always wanting to take the advantage to look more at the glass as half full, I believe a great new way to end the day is by reflecting positively, locating that epiphany of each day. Although each day doesn't have a large epiphany necessarily, there are definitely moments of new insight that I have every day. And by exaggerating our daily successes and findings as epiphanies, we can definitely feel better about ourselves and lighten the mood. 

These epiphanies do vary, from the moment I realized my longstanding passion for design to the day I found my love of crispy chocolate waffles. Maybe our daily epiphanies are not that evident, or not that substantial, but it's surely something to search for. Maybe it's not about us, and that's totally fine, as it allows us to contemplate the world around us. Maybe it's not good necessarily, but that's life—every day is not perfect. What I do hope to take out of this is to not only to self reflect, but also to use that reflection to change the outcomes of the next day. After taking psychology, I do realize the importance of intrinsic motivation... so why not begin with taking an epiphanic approach to each and every day, especially during quarantine? Surely, we can begin to stay afloat, always looking at the glass as half full.


Waffles and milk in a glass that is half full 🙌

Comments

  1. Yes abby!! I love the concepts that you introduced in your post. For me personally, I too have lost track of time in the midst of this epidemic and it is so important to find the silver lining. Just like you mentioned, living life without introspection results in no growth. In order to reach your full potential, you have to start being optimistic and finding the small joys in the world. I also like how you tied it to your love of crispy chocolate waffles as it gives us a view into you as a person too. Great post abby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sejal! Crispy chocolate waffles are definitely part of my small joys. Thank you for your comment--especially how you said "you have to start being optimistic..."! Kind of reminds me of the "You have to..." TikTok trend haha ☺️

      Delete
    2. I love your emphasis on positivity. I've been trying to remind myself lately to find moments of thanks throughout the day too. So glad to see the carb kween finding her epiphany of joy in waffles.

      Delete

Post a Comment